Sunday, September 20, 2009

Spring Recital 2009







How could I forget to tell about my dance recital? Of course it was awesome!!!! All of my girls did a great job - but of course my own children were the best. Noticed I said children. I even talked the boys into participating this year!
Mark better watch out for next year! It's his turn next!




Everything went off without a hitch - except for a minor altercation with the student custodian who threatened to call the police on Mark because I had removed tape that was reserving two rows of prime seating in the auditorium. There are no reserved seats at the recital - except for of course my own. So I removed the tape and tried to find out who had reserved the seats. No one fessed up except that when the student custodian came in he said he was going to KILL whoever removed the tape. I told him it was me because I rented the facility. He said someone had arranged with his boss to reserve the seats. WHATEVER! Mark told him to calm down and the custodian said he was calling the cops to have a restraining order placed against Mark. Hallie is crying! All of this is going on as families are now starting to file into the auditorium. I was ticked! Trying to smooth things over and get on with the show - I again asked the custodian who it was that had made these arrangements. I didn't get an answer until after the show and found out that the custodians girlfriend had sisters who danced with me. There was no arrangement with "his boss"! He thought he had some connections and would take advantage.




Regardless of this minor setback - the show was awesome. Mat came and took some amazing shots (I say some, but more like over 500 pictures) Including the one of me - not bad for an old lady!



6 comments:

Sarah said...

Melanie I really am proud of you and your kicking ability...and your two posts within one month! Congratulations. We'll see how this next recital goes, huh?!

McKays said...

You hotties.

Matt said...

Mel, I just checked and it was 1,897 pictures to be exact. We hope you'll have us up for the next one!

saramarilee said...

You sure showed that upstart student custodian who was boss--some people let a little authority and a big set of janitor keys go to their heads! I wish my kids could go to your dance studio!

Kent and Heidi said...

WOW!! I am amazed you can still bend like that! I still can't touch my toes, but it's a work in progress!

marissa said...

You are AMAZING!!!!! So are your kids....of course!